Saturday, October 01, 2005

Is this for real

I have a mobility problem and decided that on my upcoming trip abroad on holiday I would rent a mobility scooter. A search on the web turned up just what I wanted.

The suppliers only have insurance for their mobility scooter they don't offer personal liability insurance to the renter. An exhaustive search drew a blank.

The Irish Wheelchair Association had met the question before but not the answer. My travel insurance company said no. After much searching it seemed that my house insurance provider was my best chance. A call to them produced the answer "If your renting the item -no. If you own it -yes. No we can't tell you where the relevant clause is, it's in the policy document which you got."

It seems that the distinction between renting and ownership is crucial. I await their response to my email with interest.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I''m not familiar with this subject but interesed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

< Locations of visitors to this page