Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Can I?




Can I park or can't I? I am entitled to use a disabled space but is this one or not?

I'm keen not to get clamped and John Waters recent rant in the Irish Times, (behind a paywall) but repeated by Susan Carey, has made me very sensitive. I would like to be sure as this part of Jervis Street is a 24 hour clearway. In the end I took no chances and put the car in the Jervis car park at their exorbitant rates. I can see why the out of town centres are so popular as I only wanted to look for a book in Waterstones.

Update: The City Council wrote to me to say that they altered the parking arrangements in Jervis Street as part of the Christmas Freeflow operation (a special effort to help traffic move in the city centre during the Christmas period). They say that everything has now returned to normal. I will have a look the next time I am around that area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

< Locations of visitors to this page